Sunday, November 6, 2011

Note to Self!



Note to Self!!!  Next time I am painting or staining something remember to  try a sample of the chosen color rather than trust the color chart.  I was rushing to get the barn stained before winter and the temps have been dropping.  I found someone local to do the job and he and I both thought it should get done soon so I chose a color that I thought would be sort of a golden oak color.  I almost panicked when I came out of the barn to look at the front that had just been sprayed! It looked like yellow more than wood; sort of a yellow ochre color.  Yikes.  It's not like I live near a paint store and the stain had already been bought and winter is coming so I had him finish it.  It's okay...much better now that it's dry.  It's sort of a golden saddle leather color.  Next stain job will be in a color to mellow it a bit.  That's the fun of using translucent   stain.   Oh, and I'm pleased to report that most of the snow has melted.  Or at least half the field is bare now.  I guess my optimism is showing.


No comments:

Post a Comment