Saturday, October 1, 2011




The ewes have arrived!! This was an "L" naming year at Greener Pastures Farm so our girls are named Lorelei, Lola, Laughter in the Rain, Lisette, Lilibeth and Lady of the Lake. Here is a photo of them in their stall. Also note photos of the new barn and fencing. Fergey, our Maremma Livestock Guardian Dog keeps an eye on everything with his sister Vera. They live with the goats but maybe someday will also live with the sheep. At night they will be able to patrol the entire perimeter of the pasture in a fenced corridor so that they can keep predators away from everyone.


2 comments:

  1. Wow your barn is amazing! I can't wait to see close-ups of your new sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to get some more up soon. They are shy but I think they'll end up quite tame. Everything else around here does and they are eating out of my hands already. Ronda recommended I sit with a flake of hay on my lap (without trying to pat them) and do that for a while to tame them. I haven't started that yet but will soon.

    ReplyDelete